Hey guys! I just posted a new video on Youtube and I'm going to share one of my favorite styling tools from Amika + I have a fab giveaway too (read to the end for 'how to enter' info).
If you're someone who likes to play with texture, you'll want this: The Chameleon, $300, is a 5 barrel interchangeable curling kit by Amika.
It is a kit that will allow you to create any texture you want. These five (5) titanium barrels easily clip into one base to shape curls that range from fat to tight.
Why Titanium? The titanium barrels are lightweight and allow for superior heat conductivity. The ultra-smooth surface allows hair to curl easily for silky curls that shine.
Is it safe for your hair? Powered by MCH heaters to emit far-infrared heat that instantly penetrates the cortex of the hair cuticle, heating from the inside out. The hair is heated evenly and in half the time of conventional heat, reducing the risk of damage.
Want long-lasting looks, with less product? The negative ionic technology seals the cuticle for shiny, long-lasting curls that hold for days without any styling products.
Control you heat with the digital Interface. Precise setting and monitoring of temperature from 250ºF (121ºC) up to 450ºF (232ºC) is the most important element for getting consistent and effective results. The auto-shutoff feature means no power will be wasted when not in use.
Protect yourself! The heat-resistant 3-fingered glove gives flexibility & more precise curing - without the burn.
Jetset? The Dual Voltage 110–240 V is ideal for international adventures.
Here's the breakdown:
- the 32mm curler; i.e "the bump" - best for creating the round-brush, straight look with movement on long hair. Bend the ends of a voluminous ‘do, giving it more life. Curl and set in large sections using the amika Touchable Hair Spray to get a rounder, bouncier look or curl in different directions to show layers.
- the 25mm curler; i.e. "glamour" - the most popular curl size for creating anything from classic or retro looks to modern voluminous styles. Curl and set, wait 10 minutes for the curls to cool, release, brush and style for the biggest, bounciest curl. Let hair air dry and curl the hair in alternating directions for a classic beachy look.
- the 25-18mm curler; i.e. "au natural" - curls that are tighter at the bottom, looser on the top with less uniformity. For even more of a natural look, alternate the size of hair sections being curled and between wrapping the curls at the base or mid-length of hair.
- the 19mm curler; i.e. "texture" - ideal for creating textured and vintage looks, as well as curls that need to last from day to night. Curl entire head of hair as the foundation for a beautifully messy chignon. Take a short bob from sleek and pin straight to fun and beachy.
- the 9-19mm curler; for bouncy, defined ringlets and tight waves.
Here's your chance to win it!