Celebrity makeup artist Rosie Johnston is the artist behind this beauty look! For Emily’s look, Rosie took inspiration from her dress which was a short Monique Lhuillier number with long sleeves. “It’s very sexy, but very demure and classic at the same time.” Rosie and Emily wanted to do something that was sleek, modern, yet sophisticated.
The look for tonight really focused Emily’s eyes. “We went for a not so traditional smokey eye paired with really nude lips. To start, Rosie began by applying Votre Vu’s Champagne Kisses to Emily’s lips to prep them for the lipstick later on. The lip balm is infused with Vitamin E and champagne grape seed oil so it intensely moisturizes the lips and creates a great base for lipstick. Rosie kept Emily’s skin looking super fresh and clean using a combination of Kevyn Aucoin and Chanel foundations. To add a subtle flush to her cheeks, Rosie used Votre Vu’s Vu-On Rouge in Bouquet Rose and applied it using a foundation brush on the apples of her cheeks and blending up a little.
To prep the eyes and make the colors pop, Rosie first applied Votre Vu’s Lingerie Pour Les Yeux in Light all over Emily’s lids. Then she went in with the nude-bronze shade from the Palette Play in Copper and swept that all over the lid. Focusing next on the eyeliner, Rosie took the Le Joli Crayon in Charbon and lined her eyes with it. To smoke out the liner, Rosie then took the deep violet and black shades from the Palette Play in Violette and blended out the liner using a flat, wide eye shadow brush. “The eye shadow palette is amazing; the colors are so gorgeous and really created the look we were going for.” To finish off the eyes, Rosie applied lots of individual lashes and then three coats of Votre Vu’s Eiffel Power to give volume and length.
For her brows, using Arch de Triumphe in Warm and an angled brush, Rosie filled in Emily’s brows, combed them out, and then filled them in again, repeating this step 3 times for a “natural, yet defined look.”
“We always try to keep Emily’s look soft and sexy, but with a little bit of edge.”
Votre Vu products are available exclusively at www.votrevu.com.
Not only did Beyoncé kick off the show with one of the hottest performances of the evening, but her carefree wavy bob definitely had us drunk in love with her look for the rest of the night!
Pantene celebrity stylist Kim Kimble styled Bey for the evening, and shared with us the steps below so you too can achieve this style too!
1. For a show-stopping wet, sexy look inspired by the 1920’s, start with clean, wet hair.
2. Next, work the Pantene Pro-V Curly No Crunch Curls Whip into hair from root to tip to define frizz-free curls. Then brush through with a paddle brush to create soft, piece-y waves, and scrunch hair to help keep its definition.
3. Spritz the Pantene Advanced+ Keratin Repair KeraGloss Oil Mist to add brilliant shine.
4. To go from sexy to modern ‘20s chic, dry hair with a diffuser. Point the diffuser toward your crown to keep hair smooth at the root and use underneath at the ends of hair to achieve volume.
5. Continue to scrunch hair until dry for added body. Use a 1/2 inch flat iron and wrap small pieces of hair around it to create additional soft waves, similar to a curling wand, to create a few additional waves.
6. Tame flyaways at the roots of hair by using the Pantene Pro-V Stylers Shaping Hairspray. It’s important this style looks messy and flawless, so a small amount of product at the crown is all you need.
7. Finish off the look with the Pantene Advanced+ Keratin Repair KeraGloss Oil Mist for shiny, effortless waves.
Like these beauty tips? Like EverSoPopular on Facebook too!
Light as air, nearly nude, champagne colored gowns won the night!
Sara Bareilles wore a sleeveless, cream-colored gown from Blumarine's spring 2014. The dress was adorned with a bouquet of floral white appliques. She paired her look with a coral-colored clutch and red peep-toe stilettos.
Kacey Musgraves went light and airy with a pale Armani Prive gown. The Grammy winner sparkled in Forevermark Diamonds at 56th Grammy Awards. Kacey’s wore Forevermark Diamond The Center of My Universe Stud Earrings set in 18k Rose Gold and Forevermark Diamond The Center of My Universe Bangles set in 18k Rose Gold.
Paris Hilton looked stunning in this sheer white Haus of Milani gown.
Which is your favorite?
Inspired by the makeup from Jason Wu’s Spring 2014 runway show, Blunder added soft, pearlesque shadow with a hint of glitter—the perfect complement to Jessica’s Jason Wu Spring 2014 gown.
Congratulations to COVERGIRL Queen Latifah for winning ‘Best New TV Show Host’ at tonight’s annual People’s Choice Awards on CBS! Queen Latifah was glammed by makeup artist and COVERGIRL ambassador Sam Fine and her fashion look was styled by Tim Snell. We asked Sam Fine to spill his tips for getting Queen looking gorgeous!
How-To Get The Look by COVERGIRL Ambassador Sam Fine
Inspiration & Fashion:
Most often the clothes dictate the look; however, once Tim Snell (Latifah’s longtime fashion stylist) revealed his version of the LBD, Latifah immediately requested a simple eye, glowing skin, and a striking lip instead of our favorite smoky eye/pale lip combination. So, when the Queen makes a request… I aim to please!
FACE: Every look begins with great skin - beautiful coverage and a gorgeous glow!
1. I always begin using truBLEND Fixstick concealer one shade lighter than her complexion.
2. It’s perfect to highlight the under eye area, the bridge of the nose and chin (areas where the light naturally hits the face).
3. After, I use a synthetic foundation brush to gently apply truBLEND Liquid Makeup to unify varied tones.
4. I used Queen Collection Lasting Matte Pressed Powder to set underneath the eyes and the center of the face, then applied my favorite bronzer, Queen Collection Natural Hue Bronzer, near the outer perimeter of the face for glowing results.
5. Tip: I often use two shades of bronzer – one that matches her skin tone, which takes the place of blush, and a deeper shade – to contour and warm her complexion.
EYES: A simple, clean eye doesn’t mean that I don’t use eye shadow; it means I used natural looking shades to enhance the shape of her almond eyes.
1. Using a large brush, I swept the eye with Queen Collection Eyeshadow Pot in Dazzle (Q185) to add warmth, richness and a touch of shimmer to the eye area.
2. Then, I applied Vivid Impact Eyeliner in Midnight (300) closest to the lashline, extending it at the outer corner to lift the eye.
3. Lastly, I applied individual lashes and few coats of Bombshell Volume Mascara in Very Black (800) for volume and intensity. (#bombshelling)
LIPS: Now, the fun part… a dramatic lip!
1. I always begin with liner to shape the lip and insure a long – lasting finish throughout the night.
2. I applied LipPerfection Lipliner in Beloved (225).
3. Using a lip brush for added precision, I applied Queen Collection Lip Color in Burgendelicious (Q410) for an effortless, yet glamorous finish!
Follow COVERGIRL for more beauty tips and looks!
Inspired by Jennifer Hudson's fun, fearless attitude, makeup artist Shannon Pezzetta gave Jennifer Hudson a soft, clean look with a pop of color on the eyes. Pezzetta highlighted Hudson's gorgeous cheekbones with a hint of pink blush while fun, blue eye liner complimented her edgy new haircut and Citrus Dior gown. HELLO FLAWLESS!
- Lancôme Teint Visionnaire
Lancôme Dual Finish Pressed Powder in Suede
Lancôme Blush Subtil in Shimmer Pink Pool
YSL Poudre Sur Mesure in 4 Toffee
- Lancôme Color Design Eye Brightening All-in-One 5 Shadow & Liner Palette in Kissed By Gold
Lancôme Artliner 24H in Sapphire
Lancôme Le Crayon Khôl in Black Lapis
Lancôme L'Extrême Mascara in Black
Maybelline Eye Studio Master Shape Brown Pencil in Deep Brown
- Lancôme Rouge in Love in Sweet Embrace
Celebrity hairstylist Aviva Perea gave Zoe Saldana super sleek, simple hair for the American Music Awards. Inspired by Saldana's lace and leather Rouland Mouret gown, Perea kept her hair shiny and chic while a heavy cat eye added an edge to her rocker-glam look.
- Perea prepped hair with Frizz-Ease Curl Reviver Styling Mousse, applying it to the roots to add extra lift to Saldana's blowout.
Step 2 – Style
- Next, Perea blowdried Saldana's hair sleek and straight with a large Spornette mixed-bristle brush. Taking one inch sections, Perea spritzed Frizz-Ease Heat Defeat Styling Spray from root to end and ran a flat iron down each piece.
Step 3 – Perfect
Perea finished off the look by coating Saldana's hair with Frizz-Ease 100% Shine Glossing Mist so her hair glistened under the lights on the red carpet. To ensure her style stayed sleek and frizz-free all night, Perea sprayed Frizz-Ease Moisture Barrier Firm Hold Hairspray to her finished look.
Ms. Richie gave us so much white hot drama we dedicated a separate post to her hair and make-up look HERE!
Nicole Richie was white hot on last night’s red carpet at the 2013 American Music Awards. Celebrity stylist Renato Campora styled Nicole's hair giving her a sleek, modern take on a French twist using John Frieda Frizz-Ease to complement her sexy white Emilo Pucci dress.
Want to try this at home?
Here, Lauren breaks down how she achieved Nicole's sexy look using Avon products:
- First, Lauren groomed Nicole's brows with Votre Vu Brow Wax in Brown.
- On the eyes, Lauren used Avon True Color Eyeshadow Quad in Metal Eyes, sweeping the gold shade over the lid and using the darker grey shade to wing out the eyes.
- Lauren lined the eyes across the lash line with Avon Kohl Eye Liner in True Black and then finished with Mega Effects Mascara for a voluminous, lash look.
- For Nicole's naturally glowing complexion, Lauren used YSL Touche Eclat Foundation and Lorac Mineral Bronzer.
- Lauren completed the look with Avon Ultra Color Lipstick in Naturally Nude.
Here, Renato breaks down Nicole's hair:
- First, Renato applied Frizz-Ease Hair Serum Original Formula to Nicole's wet hair to set a smooth foundation for her look.
- Next he applied Frizz-Ease Heat Defeat Protective Styling Spray to her towel dried hair before blowing her hair straight with a round brush. Once dry, he applied Frizz-Ease Secret Weapon Flawless Finishing Crème for a smooth texture.
- He then pulled the two sides of her hair to the back of her head, twisting each side and securing the hair with bobby pins. Focusing then on the middle/top part of her hair, he added some mousse to create volume and give her the modern element to her hairstyle. To finish the look, he twisted the rest of her hair down the back of her head, again securing the look with bobby pins.
- To finish the look with a little touch of shine, he misted a little Frizz-Ease 100% Shine Glossing Mist.
Some of Americas hottest music artists walked the red carpet at the 2013 American Music Awards.
Almost as important as the actual awards themselves, are the red carpet fashion choices that come with it. However while these leading ladies may have access to these designer looks, the price point of these gorgeous gowns are not always as obtainable for the rest of the world.
Luckily, brands such as David's Bridal have these looks and more for fraction for the cost. Their designers travel the glove to bring together these trends for consumers before they even hit the red carpet, enabling you to look as gorgeous as these Hollywood style icons.
Let’s take a look at some looks you can grab at a fraction of the cost.
From E! host Giuliana Rancic to Fashion Police's Kelly Osbourne, these fashionistas are starting the trends for this season through their style choices from the night.
Fashion Police's Kelly Osbournce went with a more conservative look by wearing a grey lace and tulle dress. E! Host Giuliana Rancic stunned in a rose-colored dress with scalloped metallic accents and black seatbelt straps.
Adding some color to the carpet were Glee Star Jenna Ushkowitz and comedian Sarah Silverman. Jenna showed looked beautiful in a sleeveless orange number with a plunging neck line. She also paired her gown with a gold tassel necklace.
Sarah looked glam in her canary yellow one-shoulder dress by Lela Rose. We love this similar sunbeam colored style at David’s Bridal.