For Beach Bunny’s Spring 2014 runway show, TRESemmé Stylist Tyler Laswell drew inspiration from the eye-catching suits, creating two distinct hair looks.
To complement the bright neon colors in the collection, he chose a bold, high ponytail reminiscent of Madonna's signature sleek ponytail from the early 1990's.
Influenced by the metallics and prints, the second look was a high, faux hawk fishtail braid with a safari beach chic feeling.
High Ponytail How-To Steps:
- Dampen roots with TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Heat Protection Shine Spray
- Taking small sections, apply TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Keratin Infusing Serum and TRES Mega Firm Control Gel to the roots
- Using your Mason Pearson brush, gather hair into a high ponytail
- To step it up a notch, make a long ponytail and braid it. Starting at the bottom, wrap extra long extensions all the way up to the base.
- Add texture with TRESemmé Fresh Start Color Care Dry Shampoo
Faux Hawk Fishtail How-To Steps:
- Separate a rectangular section from the top of your hair and pin it out of the way
- Dampen hair with TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Heat Protection Shine Spray
- Work TRESemmé TRES Mega Firm Control Gel through damp roots and brush the hair into a super tight, high ponytail on top of the head
- Create a simple braid with the ponytail and wrap the end with extra long extensions (2-3 sets) until you reach the base
- Unclip your top section and rough dry quickly with your fingers to add texture and height at the roots
- Starting at the hairline, create the faux hawk fishtail braid
- Separate hair into two section
- Pull a thin strand of hair from the outside left section over the top of the left section and under the right section
- Repeat this step by pulling a thin strand of hair from the outside right section, over the top of the right section and under the left section
- Alternate sides, weaving hair until you reach the end of the entire ponytail
- Once the fishtail is complete, rough it up with your fingers and finish with TRESemmé TRES Two Extra Hold Hair Spray
Which one will you rock? Tell us on Facebook!