Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week SWIM in Miami is off to a phenomenal start! For 2014 Agua Bendita chose a punk influence for their collection, which was complemented by a bold smoky eye and studded hair accessories.
To complete the edgy look, TRESemmé Stylist Tyler Laswell created a trendy, textured faux undercut style that was playful and daring.
We asked Tyler to share how we can get this haute runway style and beat the heat!
- Create a side part diagonally from the front of the hair to the nape of the neck on the opposite side. Dampen the smaller section with TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Heat Protection Shine Spray
- Apply TRESemmé TRES Mega Firm Control Gel to the same section to give hair a sleek finish
- Create the illusion of a shaved undercut by twisting this section to the end of the part towards the back of the head. Pull the hair tight and secure with an elastic at the bottom
- Dampen the opposite untwisted section by applying TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Heat Protection Shine Spray and TRES Mega Firm Control Gel, then rough dry with fingers for texture
- Starting at the part, take small sections and twist away from the face creating a tight twist, about 4-5 inches long, and secure with a bobby pin. Repeat the twists along the front, creating about 4, depending on the width of the forehead
- Use a flatiron to create random bends in the hair and rough up with your fingers for texture
- Finish with TRESemmé TRES Two Extra Hold Hair Spray and secure hair comb towards the back of the head, on the long twist
What’s your favorite runway look? Tell us on Facebook!