During tonight’s 19th annual SAG Awards, Jennifer Lawrence, nominated twice for “Silver Linings Playbook” in both the ‘Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role’ and ‘Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture’ categories, stole the style spotlight, despite feeling under the weather! The actress stunned in a Dior Haute Couture Gown and Jimmy Choo Tease Sandal
We asked Dove Celebrity Stylist Mark Townsend how women can recreate her style at home.
"For the Screen Actors Guild Awards I was inspired by Old Hollywood glamour, so I wanted Jennifer's hair to show that influence and inspiration, but I wanted it to be young and very modern as well.
- To get her side swept waves, I started by applying a nickel size amount of the new Dove Color Care Leave On Conditioner into Jennifer's damp hair; she's colored her hair so much lately so her hair needs added moisture and protection.
- Next, I loaded her hair with the Dove Nourishing Curls Whipped Cream Mousse and blow dried with a large round brush. To give her hair a loose wave, I wrapped sections of hair varying from 2 to 5 inches around a 1 1/4 inch curling iron, leaving the ends out.
- Then, I took a small amount of Dove Frizz-Free Shine Cream-Serum in my hands, rubbed my hands together and then raked my fingers through the waves to break them up and give the hair amazing shine.
- I then took the hair from the right side, twisted it and then pinned it in the back with a few bobby pins. To give the hair a cool, lived-in texture I sprayed Oribe Dry Texture Spray from mid-length to ends and scrunched with my hands.
- As always, I finished by spraying Dove Strength & Shine Extra Hold Hairspray liberally all over to keep her hair in place all night and give the hair even more shine."