Recently launched, the new PayPal app has some great features that are so helpful in everyday use!
· Donations: Choose from over 23,000 charities in the U.S., UK and Canada and instantly make a contribution. Don’t know where to start? Search by keyword to find foundations that support your passions, or search by location to direct your funds to a local charity.
· Send Money: Sending money with the PayPal app is easier than going to the ATM or mailing checks to friends and family you may owe money to, or want to add a little doe to their pockets. All you need is the recipient’s e-mail address or mobile number and they will get a message telling them their cash is ready. They can then log in or sign up for a PayPal account to withdraw the money. This is great to use when splitting the check of a meal, a vacation, a present, etc. · Split the check: Don’t waste another hour in the restaurant splitting the check down to the very last penny. Conveniently calculate costs and tip with this great function.
· Collect money: Easily collect money from your friends when you take the brunt of the bill. They will receive a notification telling them what they owe you so you can get your money back in your pocket!
· Set reminders: In addition to using this feature to manage your PayPal accounts, it is great for recurring payments, like paying rent or paying off those daunting, but necessary, credit card bills.
· Bump: This one’s really the best of both worlds…fun and effective! Users tap iPhones or Android phones, and funds are quickly transferred between their PayPal accounts with a token “bump” to seal the deal.
· Mobile Express Checkout: PayPal Mobile Express Checkout (currently in beta) makes it easier people to shop from their phones. Take impulse purchases to the next level and instantly shop online from your mobile device. With Mobile Check Capture, skip the hassle of inputting all of your shipping and credit card info every time the shopping bug strikes. With just a couple of clicks and a confirmation your wants (and needs) are yours!