Recently I was invited to a yoga class in NY. This was different than the usual classes I take at a studio, the class was held at Life Time Athletic at Sky, an urban retreat in New York City representing the ultimate in healthy living. They offer resort-style amenities to New Yorkers who seek a destination beyond the traditional fitness club, ‘quickie’ workout or variety-lacking boutique.
Whether you want to challenge, grow, become mindful or flexible, Life Time Athletic at Sky has the flow for you. Life Time is rolling out this new yoga offering several varieties of yoga for new and experienced yogis that can be an everyday alternative for those interested in starting yoga, who are looking for an active recovery option, or already practice yoga daily.
- 4 pillars of the program include:
- Root (fundamentals): Introduce Root to current members as a free welcoming of yoga into their fitness and wellness routines. Going back to the basics, Root will lay the groundwork for mindfulness and mental clarity.
- Be (meditation): Encourage those with a busy lifestyle to calm their active minds with BE. Programming will focus on pregnant women and corporate outings in order to grow niche market memberships.
- Surrender (yin): Encourage members and non-members to take Surrender every day after a workout to calm muscles for the week ahead or every day for ongoing clarity.
- Flow (Yinyasa): Position Flow as a workout alternative, option for the professional yogi, or active recovery class, strengthening, stretching and preparing muscles for their next workout or session.
Like this post? Check us out on Facebook too!