We went backstage at the Brock Collection S/S 2017 show to share the steps to get the look you'll want to have in your beauty routine!
The overall look is beautifully undone. Starting with great skincare from Tata Harper.
1. Begin by cleansing skin with Tata Harper Refreshing Cleanser to remove excess oil and makeup, revealing a balanced, luminous complexion.
2. Spritz the face with Tata Harper Hydrating Floral Essence to deliver long-lasting, oil-free moisture and minimize the appearance of pores.
3. Apply Tata Harper Concentrated Brightening Serum to promote a visibly healthy, radiant appearance.
4. Use Tata Harper Rebuilding Moisturizer for balanced hydration with a smooth matte finish.
5. Apply Tata Harper Restorative Eye Crème around the eye area for a bright, rested look.
6. Finish with indulgent Tata Harper Fortifying Body Lotion for intense hydration and a glowing body from head-to-toe.
7. Lastly, to create a relaxing backstage experience, apply Tata Harper Aromatic Stress Treatment and Tata Harper Aromatic Irritability Treatment to pulse points inside wrists, on temples, and each side of neck. Rub onto palms and inhale deeply for the ultimate calming experience.
Next, Benjamin Puckey for Maybelline New York takes the collection's feel of a "desert calm with a sense of romanticism" and creates a beauty look that is just ever so slightly "weathered." The skin is matte – not shiny – to reinterpret that desert feel, but has just a wash of monochromatic color over the cheeks, eyes and lips.
1. Benjamin starts the look by using FitMe! Concealer to correct any imperfections and then uses alight layer of Dream Cushion Foundation (launching January 2017). Next, Benjamin applies Color Sensational Creamy Matte Lip Color in Touch of Spice to the back of his hand to warm up the color and uses a ﬂuffy blush brush to apply the color high up on the cheekbone. The lip color is also swiped over the bridge of the nose and on the bottom of the chin for a slightly weathered, windswept look.
2. In order to ensure that the blush stays put, FitMe! Matte + Poreless Powder is applied all over the face to mattify the skin and set the makeup. Next, brows are softly ﬁlled in with the EyeStudio Brow Drama Pro Palette, and Brow Precise Fiber Volumizing Mascara is used to thicken brows where needed. To set the brows, Brow Drama Sculpting Brow Mascara is used to brush them upwards.
3. For the eyes, Benjamin blends a shimmering bronze shade and a soft taupe from The Nudes Palette and applies them with a ﬂuffy brush all across the eyelid as a wash of color. He then continues the color underneath the bottom lash line, to ensure there are no harsh lines with the makeup. To ﬁnish the eyes, a coat of Great Lash Mascara is applied to the top lash line.
4. To complete the look, Color Sensational Vivid Matte Liquid in Nude Flush is patted into the lips (as you would a stain) so that it appears to be a naturally stained lip. As a ﬁnal step, Benjamin reapplies the Color Sensational Creamy Matte Lip Color in Touch of Spice with a ﬂuffy blush brush to the cheek bones for just a hint of sheen on the cheeks.
For Nails, to complement the designer's idea, Jin Soon Choi chose Auspicious. The muddled lavender grey, highlighted the weathered aesthetic, allowing the nails to seamlessly blend into the overall feel of the collection.
1. File and clean nails, removing all traces of polish and oil residue
2. Use JINsoon Power Coat for the base coat to protect the nail
3. Apply two coats of JINsoon Auspicious and let dry
4. Finish with JINsoon Top Gloss
Like this post? See more on Facebook!