We loved seeing one of our faves, Dascha Polanco, slaying on the white carpet for the 2016 MTV Video Music Awards last night. The Orange Is The New Black actress was dressed in a look by New York based designer, Yuna Yang.
We loved her beauty look, especially that gorge hair! We got more details from stylist Cynthia Alvarez for Dove Hair on Dascha Polanco’s Windswept Curls with Hair Jewelry
“Dascha and I chose the look tonight to compliment her outfit. We wanted something modern and fun but not too over the top. The look we chose is a classic style with a twist personalized with the addition of some hair jewelry.”
1. To start the look I used Dove Style+Care Volume Amplifier Mousse on her damp roots to add natural volume.
2. I then parted her hair on the side (above the arch of her brow) and began twisting her hair towards the nape of her neck. I secured the end of the twist by criss-crossing two bobbypins.
3. The rest of her hair was blow-dried using a big round brush, pin curling each section as I went along.
4. Once all the hair was pin curled, I placed a few metal cuffs onto the twist to add a unique flair to her hair. I lightly sprayed the twist with Dove Style+Care Flexible Hold Hairspray to tame any flyaways.
5. Next I removed the pins and ran my fingers through the curls to create a windswept effect and loosen up the waves. To set the look, I used Dove Style+Care Extra Hold Hairspray while lightly back-combing the roots. The final effect is a classic look personalized with jewelry and a little modern edge.