With summer winding down I wanted to share a way for you to make the most of it and even extend it! You may be familiar with aguas frescas. If you are not they are a beverage made by combining fruits, flowers, seeds blending with sugar and water to make light non-alcoholic beverages.
My drink recipe was inspired by Zico. I learned at the Single Edition + InStyle #SummerSocial that Zico recently launched a line of ZICO Chilled Juices, which combine chilled premium coconut water with mouthwatering fruit juices like Orange and Pineapple Mango. It was there I also got to try the newest coconut water flavors include Chocolate, Pineapple and Watermelon Raspberry.
I also learned some fun face about coconut water:
- Coconut water from young green coconut is low in calories, fat, cholesterol, and has a natural balance of sodium, potassium. magnesium, and calcium—making it a healthy drink. Electrolytes that aid in the restoration of nutrients is present in coconut water and may help severely dehydrated people.
- Zico coconut water is sourced from Thailand, Indonesia, and the Philippines, where suppliers source coconuts from hundreds of local farmers and work directly with coconut plantations - many that have been in families for generations
- Drinking natural coconut water optimizes muscle performances and can eliminate muscle spasms because of high levels of potassium. It also boosts circulation, raises metabolism, and maintains the proper body temperature.
- Coconut water also helps prevent intestinal gas and aid in removing toxins because it balances acid levels and flushes toxins out. Coconut water is considered by many as a natural stress buster because of its cooling and calming effects.
- Coconut water has zero fat and zero cholesterol and is gluten free
- All Zico products have 5 electrolytes (potassium, magnesium, sodium, calcium, phosphorus) and as much potassium as a banana
Frozen Agua Fresca With Zico
- 1 bottle of Zico Pineapple or Watermelon Raspberry.
- 1/2 small watermelon (save the scoop out rind to be used as the bowl).
- 4 large frozen strawberries
- 6 pieces of fresh frozen pineapple
- 1 or 2 springs of mint
- (no sugar needed)
Blend together and pour into watermelon. Finish with coconut flakes, a straw & enjoy
For updates, product discounts and more visit http://zico.com
This post is Sponsored by InStyle on behalf of Zico.