Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Restylane® Silk. However, the thoughts and opinions are my own.
Did you know that the lips and the lines around the mouth, like other areas of the face, show signs of aging as you age? This often results in lip thinning, lost shape, and an increase in vertical lines above the lip.
What?! I didn’t realize this until I attended a special event: Restylane® Silk Blogger Brunch on July 16th @ the Affinia Manhattan for a discussion of Myths vs. Facts about aesthetics and fillers. I wanted to share some of the news and facts I learned at the brunch event.
What You Need To Know:
● Restylane® Silk is a smooth, transparent hyaluronic acid (HA) gel that can be injected into the lips or into the area around the mouth to restore natural-looking youthful definition, symmetry, and smooth wrinkles.
● Hyaluronic acid is a sugar that is naturally found in the skin that helps provide hydration, fullness, and elasticity.
● In a U.S. clinical trial involving 221 mostly female patients, 98 percent of patients reported a visible improvement in lip fullness 14 days after injection and 76 percent still had lip improvement at six months following injection.
● As with any other HA gel that is injected into the lips, the most common are swelling, tenderness, bruising, pain and redness at the injection site. For additional side effects, including important safety information, please visit: www.restylanesilk.com.
With that in mind, I had some FAQ’s of my own. Many of us (myself included) had some preconceived notions about fillers. Here are 3 Myths that were debunked:
- Safety First: Restylane® Silk is the first and only FDA-approved product specifically designed for lip enhancement and the smoothing of wrinkles around the mouth in patients 21 years of age and older.
- Kiss Duck-Face Goodbye: Restylane® Silk is designed specifically to provide natural-looking results in these particular areas by using smaller, smoother particles than those used in other Restylane® products.
- Non-Invasive Treatment: Restylane® Silk’s unique particle gel formulation and ultrafine needle are designed to smooth the wrinkles around the mouth and provide subtle fullness and definition to create a more natural-looking smile.
Tell me, what signs of aging are you fighting? Would you consider procedures such as Restylane® Silk? Tell me in the comments below.
Important Safety Information
Indications: The Restylane family of products includes Restylane®, Restylane-L®, Restylane® Silk, Restylane® Lyft with Lidocaine, and Perlane®. Restylane, Restylane-L, Restylane Lyft with Lidocaine, and Perlane are indicated for the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds. Restylane and Restylane-L are indicated for mid-to-deep dermal implantation. Perlane and Restylane Lyft with Lidocaine are indicated for implantation into the deep dermis to superficial subcutis. Restylane Silk is indicated for submucosal implantation for lip augmentation and dermal implantation for correction of perioral rhytids in patients over the age of 21.
Restylane Lyft with Lidocaine is also indicated for cheek augmentation and for the correction of age-related midface contour deficiencies in patients over the age of 21. Restylane and Restylane-L are also indicated for submucosal implantation for lip augmentation in patients over the age of 21.
Products in the Restylane family contain traces of gram-positive bacterial protein and are contraindicated for patients with allergies to such material or in patients with severe allergies that have required in-hospital treatment. These products should not be used by patients with bleeding disorders or by pregnant or breastfeeding women. Restylane and Restylane-L for lip enhancement and Restylane Silk should not be used by people under 22 years. Restylane-L, Restylane Silk and Restylane Lyft with Lidocaine should not be used by anyone with a known allergy to lidocaine. Products should not be injected anywhere except the dermis, superficial subcutis (Perlane and Restylane Lyft with Lidocaine only), or lip submucosa (Restylane, Restylane-L, and Restylane Silk only).
Use of products in the Restylane family at the site of skin sores, pimples, rashes, hives, cysts, or infection should be postponed until healing is complete. The most commonly observed side effects are swelling, redness, pain, bruising, headache, tenderness, and itching at the injection site. These are typically mild in severity and typically resolve in less than 7 days. Serious but rare side effects include delayed onset infections, recurrence of herpetic eruptions, and superficial necrosis at the injection site. Do not implant into blood vessels. Use with caution in patients recently treated with anticoagulant or platelet inhibitors to avoid bleeding and bruising.
The Restylane family of products is available only through a licensed practitioner. Complete Instructions for Use for Restylane, Restylane-L, Restylane Silk, and Perlane are available at www.RestylaneUSA.com. Complete Instructions for Use for Restylane® Lyft with Lidocaine is available at www.RestylaneLyft.com