Backstage at Yoana Baraschi, butter LONDON’s Global Colour Ambassador Katie Jane Hughes created a bold makeup look to compliment the S/S 2015 collection.
The Scoop: Yoana Baraschi’s Spring 2015 collection is inspired by bold African sunsets. Sunset colors such as yellow, gold and saffron tones are combined with purples and accented with sangria and nectarine. Coral rose adds spice and warmth to the collection and mixed media prints add a daring African aesthetic.
The Makeup Look:
· Skin: skin was prepped with butter LONDON Hydrating Balm. Hughes then mixed butter LONDON Tinted Highlighter in Twit with moisturizer and applied to the high points of the face followed by a touch of concealer to even out skin.
· Cheeks: contour using butter LONDON Cream Bronzer in Bit Faker on hollows of the cheeks and temples.
· Lips: line lips with red lip liner and apply butter LONDON Moisture Matte Lipstick in Ladybird on bottom lip. Pop butter LONDON Moisture Matte Lipstick in Come To Bed Red, concentrating in the center and working towards the sides.
· Eyes: apply butter LONDON Hydrating Balm on lids. Draw a graphic line with butter LONDON Eye Pencil in Alabaster Gaze following the contour of the eye. Apply butter LONDON Eye Pencil in All Hail The Queen (out Spring ’15) under the lower lash line for a natural darkness. Lastly, apply butter LONDON Mascara in Union Jack Black to lashes concentrating on the roots.
· Brows: Lighten brows with concealer, then apply butter LONDON Tinted Highlighter in Pence to the inner brows.
For hair, RUSK Artistic Director Gerard Caruso made the “messy, but not so messy bun” a Fashion Week must-have!
Here’s how he did it:
1. Prep hair with the new RUSK Texture Spray.
2. Place hair in high ponytail.
3. Create loop, secure with band.
4. Twist loop, secure base with pins.
5. Finger tease and lock in with the new RUSK Freezing Spray.