Actress and Lancôme Ambassadress, Lupita Nyong’o attended the 2018 CFDA Fashion Awards in New York.
Lupitas’s vampy liquid gold lip and winged eye look was created by celebrity makeup artist .
HOW TO GET LUPITA’S LOOK:
INSPIRATION: “I wanted Lupita’s makeup to feel vampy and opulent to echo her Versace dress. This look gives glamorous female villain vibes with winged eyes and liquid gold lips,” says Nick Barose.
- I prepped Lupita’s skin with Lancôme Advanced Génifique Youth Activating Concentrate Serum and Lancôme Advanced Génifique Eye Light Pearl under the eyes.
- Next, I applied Lancôme La Base Pro Perfecting Makeup Primer on her T-zone.
- I used Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra Wear Camouflage Concealer in 510 Suede C and Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra Wear Liquid Foundation in 550 Suede C as her base.
- Then I applied a bit of Lancôme Translucence Mattifying Silky Pressed Powder in 550 Suede to control shine.
- Next I used, Lancôme Blush Subtil Palette in Shimmer in Rum Raisin.
- To accent her cheekbones I applied Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra Custom Glow Drops in Bronze Glow
- I brushed her brows with Lancôme Sourcils Styler Brow Gel in Transparent.
- Then I filled in and drew on feather strokes to build shapes for brows using Lancôme Brow Define Pencil in Black.
- I prepped her eyelids with Lancôme Aquatique in 06 Sienne.
- Next I lined the upper lash line with Lancôme Monsieur Big Eyeliner Marker and winged it out a bit.
- I added two coats of Lancôme Grandiôse Extrême Mascara in Noir.
- Then I dabbed a bit of the bronze tone eyeshadow from Lancôme Color Design 5 Pan Eyeshadow Palette in Kissed by Gold on lids and brow bones.
- To create Lupita’s custom liquid gold lips, I started by prepping her lips with Lancôme Absolue Precious Cells Nourishing Lip Balm. I let it absorb and then blotted away the excess.
- I then lined her lips with Lancôme Le Lipstique in Sheer Chocolate, a dark brown lip liner.
- After this, I applied a brown toned gloss as a base, Lancome L’Absolu Lacquer Gloss in 286 Vertige.
- Then with a lip brush I applied the metallic bronze eyeshadow shade from the same eyeshadow palette I used on her eyes, Lancôme Color Design 5 Pan Eyeshadow Palette in Kissed by Gold. I placed it on the center of the lips then blended it in a bit and add a bit more of the gloss on top. The great thing about layering pigment and gloss is that you can really build your own shade of gold, you can make it brighter, more gold, more bronze.