The grand re-opening of the Walgreens newest 24/7 flagship store, located in Union Square, Manhattan officially opened at 10:30 a.m. on Thursday, Jan. 23. Former New York City Council Speaker, Peter Vallone, joined Walgreens executives and management in a ribbon cutting ceremony.
The store features an innovative health and daily living offering unexpected from a typical drugstore. Walgreens opened in the historic Union Square area in 2001 and has now renovated the store to to feature its new Well Experience format.
- Walgreens new Well Experience format, offering new products, services and solutions delivered in unique and innovative ways and customized for the local community.
- An advanced printing and photo lab providing expanded printing capabilities for creative projects that include a full photo lab processing 35mm film, posters, banners, photo books, folded cards and calendars – all available in one hour.
- New, Upmarket consumable offerings providing an ultra-fresh selection of professional chef-rolled sushi, sandwiches, wraps and ready-to-eat cut fruits and vegetables; all offering a healthier solution to typical fast food choices. Walgreens core food categories also include a wider range of frozen foods and entrees as well as expanded deli dairy items to round out a more complete range of options.
- A new checkout format for customers offering greater access to the main registers and arranged in a way that will guide customers through easily, making for an overall quicker checkout.
- Web Pickup, which allows customers to access the entire store's online item assortment and pickup purchases in-store. Once an order is picked, the customer will receive an email and/or text message notifying them that the order is ready for pickup.
- An expanded beauty and personal care section, that’s 2,000 sq ft of just beauty, creating a best-in-class destination shopping experience for categories including skincare, color cosmetics, hair care, dental, grooming and baby.
In addition to all the cool features, the new flagship Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) offers a variety of products like a wall products!