Redken Creative Consultant Guido created a soft, romantic Sicilian up- do that looked truly fit for a queen - or at the very least, fit for models dressed in the beautiful Byzantine-themed Dolce & Gabbana looks at the designer's Fall 2013 show in Milan.
But know that if "monarch" comes to mind, Guido did think "Italian princess" when he created this look - but he added that it wasn't supposed to make a perfectly coiffed, straight-from-the-hairdresser's impression. He was thinking of the kind of woman with inherently beautiful style, who does her hair herself. Some of the models also wore gold, jewel-covered crowns in the show, but in case you aren't already envious enough of the woman that inspired this style, we have to add that with a look like the one Guido created today, she looked like the epitome of royal and romantic, crown or no crown.
"This elegant style is another variation of the Dolce & Gabbana woman this season, playing on that Sicilian idea of softness, romance, and a certain cinematic, womanly beauty. I took inspiration from the idea of an iconic woman with a kind of natural Italian allure- think the actress Sofia Loren or the women in the 1960 film la Dolce Vita. There's a natural ease to her beauty, she's sexy but in a conservative way. It's not at all a messy look, and it's all about the details - I wanted it to have shine, but to not at all look greasy - just a soft, glossy finish."
Get the look with our step-by-step guide…
quick tease 15 backcombing finishing spray
shine flash 02 glistening mist
guts 10 root targeted volume spray foam
- Apply guts 10 root targeted volume spray foam to damp hair from roots to ends and blow-dry with a round brush.
- Add quick tease 15 backcombing finishing spray to the crown section by section, holding each section for a few seconds to let it dry before moving onto the next.
- After the quick tease 15 has dried completely, backcomb hair with an oval boar bristle brush for light, airy volume throughout the crown.
- Create a very small (1 inch) part that's slightly off center and then gently brush hair from front to back starting behind the 1- inch parted section in front, folding into a chignon flat against the head at the nape of the neck and securing with pins
- Spray style with shine flash 02 glistening mist for a glossy finish.
Like this post? You can like us on Facebook too!