Friday night, Eva Longoria returned as the host of the 2013 ALMA Awards and strutted in multiple gowns (8 in total). and makeup looks.
We asked L’Oréal Paris makeup ambassador Claudia Betancur and Marcos Carrasquillo share their tips on how to recreate Eva’s coveted look – the smoky eye and fishtail braid.
Get the Look of Eva Longoria ALMA Awards Makeup:
· To prep skin, use L’Oréal Paris Age Perfect Glow Renewal Facial Oil to help foundation glide easily and also create a glowy, dewy complexion.
· Next, highlight your eyes like Eva’s using the L’Oréal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Crayon Concealer by illuminating the area underneath your eyes. This should always be done before applying foundation.
· Apply L’Oréal Paris Magic Nude Liquid Powder Bare Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 18 (Available in 12 shades) to leave a natural, powdery finish.
· To create a soft, subtle smoky eye, use the L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Eye Shadow Quad in Black Pump and blend the grey and black eye shadows gently to create a dark grey hue - this will make your eyes pop. After blending the shadows together, dust a bit of the beige eye shadow over the top to add a sheer hint of luminosity.
· Then draw a black line on top of the lashes with L’Oréal Paris Infallible Blackbuster Liquid Eyeliner for a full lash effect, and finish with two coats of L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara.
· For a subtle hue on the lips, use L’Oréal Paris Colour Caresse by Colour Riche in Sheer Linen.
Get the Fishtail How To after the jump.
· To begin, apply L’Oréal Paris Advanced Haircare Smooth Intense Frizz Taming Serum evenly throughout the hair to block out frizz and lock in sleek shine.
· Use a curling iron and curl the crown area. Afterwards, part your hair to the side, leaving some bangs to dangle, which will give the look a young yet sophisticated touch.
· Concentrate in leaving volume in the crown area when you brush, gather your hair into a ponytail at the nape of your neck.
· Next, divide your hair into two equal sections.
· Use your finger to separate a small section of your hair from the outer edge near the ponytail and cross it over to the opposite side (overlapping just like you would with a normal braid). Re-grip your hair to tighten plait, still holding two sections. Repeat with a small section from the other side.
· Continue overlapping pieces from both sides of your ponytail, all the way down to your ends.
· Once you’ve overlapped your hair down to the end, secure the braid with clear hair elastic.
· Finish your braid by gently tugging on your braid with your fingers to loosen it up and replicate the effortless yet sexy look Eva has.
· Spray a bit of L’Oréal Paris Elnett Satin Extra Strong Hold Hairspray five feet apart to lock the braid in place, not leaving it too stiff.
Like this post? You can like us on Facebook too!