How To Get Beach Waves from Mitch Stone Essentials Whether taking a vacation or trying to make the day to day feel more like a "staycation", messy Beach Waves are the ticket to a spring hairstyle that is sure to sizzle! Mitch Stone, creator of Mitch Stone Essentials, is one of the hair styling world’s most respected and talented citizens. Stone’s career has spanned film, television, fashion, editorial and advertising, and given him a rich perspective that makes him one of the most sought after celebrity hairstylists around. He was hired for fashion shoots by prestigious photographers including Herb Ritts, Albert Watson, Arthur Elgort and Peter Arnell, as well as to style runway shows for designers including Armani, Cynthia Rowley, Adrienne Vittadini and Patricia Fields. Stone regularly tends to the tresses of Kim Basinger, Kristin Davis, Jennifer Lopez, Brooke Burke, Denise Richards and Helena Bonham Carter. He is also the go-to groomer for leading Hollywood men including George Clooney, Ewan MacGregor, Al Pacino and many more. This spring break, Stone is sharing his favorite effortlessly chic style that are sure to make waves:
- Apply Mitch Stone Essentials Voluminizing Texture Spray onto wet hair. Pay special attention to the root area.
- Flip your head over and blow dry your hair. When drying at the root, use your fingers to massage some extra oomph into your style.
- After drying, flip your head back up, and twist large sections of your hair around your finger to add some separation and a bit of smoothness. Tip: Start from the ends of your hair, pull while twisting until tight. Finish this step by applying Mitch Stone Essentials Session Spray prior to curling.
- Wrap medium sections of your hair around a wide barrel curling iron. Be sure to curl your hair in different directions - some away from your face and some toward. Tip :: Do not curl from root to end. The most "natural" Beach Waves start at about mid-ear length and stop a few inches from the end.
- Lastly, apply Mitch Stone Essential Luste Drops while scrunching and tousling your tresses to add shine and tame frizz.