Mindy Kaling was a beauty standout on the Red Carpet at the 2012 Emmy Awards. We asked stylist Luke Chamberlain to share the inspiration for Mindy's hair look.
To compliment the 70’s, drapey feel of Mindy’s St. John gown, stylist Luke Chamberlain drew his inspiration from style icon Bianca Jagger. Staying away from anything too rough in texture, the key was to achieve a soft and romantic look through voluminous hair that would complement the romantic gown.
Now here's how to get that look.
1. Started with damp hair, applied Matrix Biolage Volumizing Mousse section by section throughout
2. Added a small amount of Biolage ExquisiteOil Replenishing Treatment, later blow dried the hair with a medium boar bristle round brush sealing in the oil and mousse achieving healthy body with tons of shine
3. Used a 1” barrel curling iron wrapping it in a figure eight pattern continuing this techinique with all sections throughout the hair, later placing the curls in 1 inch velcro curlers while allowing to cool
4. Removed the rollers and brushed out the hair creating lush and voluminous waves
5. Finished off the look with Matrix Total Results Amplify Hairspray to lock in volume for the rest of the night
v MATRIX Biolage ExquisiteOil Replenishing Treatment ($22, Matrix.com for salon locations)
v MATRIX Total Results Amplify Hairspray ($15, Matrix.com for salon locations)