spring 2012 ready-to-wear / new york fashion week
Jenny Packham continued to partner with L’Oréal Professionnel to
create the hair for her Spring 2012 runway show, which took place on September 12 at the Tents at Lincoln
Center. Creating the simple yet perfect style to complement the delicate designs for the second consecutive
season was top hairstylist, Leonardo Manetti.
“Have you seen her all in gold, like a queen in days of old; she shoots colors all around; like a sunset going
down…” These lyrics from The Rolling Stones’ tune, “She’s A Rainbow,” are what Jenny Packham describes
as the inspiration for her Spring 2012 ready-to-wear collection. The latest line is a soft yet dramatic prelude to
Spring: billowing silk chiffons and French lace – some adorned in Swarovski crystals - in a vibrant range of
hues that gracefully floated and sparkled down the runway.
Lead hairstylist Leonardo Manetti for L’Oréal Professionnel, matched the theme and tone of Packham’s
colorful, romantic vision. “We wanted to compliment the flow of the dresses, so the hair had to be soft and
beautiful,” said Manetti. “The clothes and colors in the collection are so vibrant, fresh, and young, and so is the
hairstyle. An ethereal ‘perfect’ blowout was the ideal look.”
“Our style for the show was a healthy naturally straight hair with a high shimmer factor. Sleek but with
movement,” noted Packham. “A look that our glamorous international clientele can aspire to and achieve.”
how to get the look, next:
1) Mist hair with water. Part hair on the right side, ! inch from the beginning of the eyebrow, and pull
straight back. Section hair behind ears and at the nape.
2) Apply L’Oréal Professionnel Lift Extrême targeted weightlifting mousse ($18.00/8.6oz.) section by
section to increase volume, give texture to the hair, and at the same time, prepping it for a blow-dry.
3) Using a large barrel round brush blow-dry each section until smooth and dry. To create an even
softer look for the hair, apply heat of blow-dryer to ends, and while holding brush in place, curl hair ends under towards body and release brush slowly.
4) Combine all of the blown-dry sections and brush together. Blow hair away from face. Spray L’Oréal
Professionnel Perfect Shimmer shine illuminating mist ($21.00/5.8oz.) onto hands, then apply to random
sections at the crown to create subtle sheen.
5) Set blowout with L’Oréal Professionnel Infinium 3 hairspray ($23.00/11oz.) which will finish and set the style, but with a workable, soft hold that eliminates frizz.