Sofia Vergara at the Met Ball by Celebrity Makeup Artist Kayleen McAdams
Sofia Vergara wore a Carolina Herrera and it was all in the eyes for this beauty look!
· We wanted to make the focus of this look the eye so we went with a strong black liner but as a subtle cat eye rather than a harsh line. In order to give the liner staying power, I like to layer different products. I started by lining the eye with into a cat eye shape with COVERGIRL LiquilineBlast Eyeliner in Black Fire and then went over that same line with COVERGIRL LineExact Liquid Liner in Very Black.
· I then blended dark chocolate brown eyeshadow starting from the outer corners and blending in towards the center. Along the bottom lash line I used the COVERGIRL LiquilineBlast Eyeliner in Brown Blaze and blended the liner with a black shadow to set it.I then used two coats of the COVERGIRL LashBlast Fusion Mascara in Very Black to thicken the lashes and finish her look.
Salma Hayek at the Met Ball by Celebrity Makeup Artist Kristofer Buckle
Salma was wearing the last gown Alexander McQueen made! I used peach and gold to add heat to the neutral browns in the smoke around Salma’s gorgeous brown eyes.
· First, I blended in COVERGIRL NatureLuxe Silk Foundation in Nutmeg to accentuate her golden complexion.
· I used COVERGIRL ExactEyelights Eye-Brightening Eyeshadow in Vibrant Brown to add drama to the upper lashline using a soft brush. Then with a flat lining brush used a metallic black closer to the lash line. Then, I added two coats of COVERGIRL LashBlast Fusion Mascara in Black for extra pop! On her cheeks I used a peachy pink color, COVERGIRL & Olay Simply Ageless Sculpting Blush in Plush Peach.
· Lastly, I used a gold eye shadow on her cheek bones to give her an ethereal glow. To finish her look, I used COVERGIRL LipPerfection lipcolor in Sultry.
Kristen Stewart at the Met Ball by Celebrity Makeup Artist Beau Nelson
Kristen was wearing a stunning Proenza Schouler gown and she and the designers decided they wanted a striking smoky eye with a nude lip for her beauty look.
· I started by applying COVERGIRL NatureLuxe Silk Foundation with a synthetic brush in a circular motion to give her skin an even, radiant glow and added a touch of concealer where needed.
· On her eye, we wanted to try something a little different than the traditional smoky eye, so I started by lining the entire eye with COVERGIRL LiquilineBlast in Black Fire then and smudging it all around the eye. I then went over it close to the lash line with the COVERGIRL Line Exact liquid liner in Black for added drama and diffused the edges. To set the liner, I applied the black shade of COVERGIRL Smoky ShadowBlast in Onyx Smoke so the black would stay in place all night and finished by lining the inner rim of her eye with the LiquilineBlast.
· I then curled her lashes and applied COVERGIRL LashBlast Fusion in Black, 2 coats on the top and one on bottom.
· On her face, I created a contour using a taupe/brown blush and added a touch of shimmer with a NARS highlighter.
· On Kristen’s lips, I first applied foundation to create a nude canvas and then COVERGIRL LipPerfection lipcolor in Kiss, applying it in a tapping motion with my finger. I finished her lips with COVERGIRL ShineBlast Lip Gloss in Glow, which she took with her along with COVERGIRL Clean Pressed Powder for a quick touchup later.
· Kristen loves to always try something different and we’ve never done a smoky eye that stayed so close to the lashes, it was almost a little punk.
Taylor Swift at the Met Ball by Celebrity Makeup Artist Lorrie Turk
To enhance Taylor's stunning J. Mendel couture gown, we went with a dramatic eye, strong lip and perfect dewy skin.
· First, I started on her eyes, brushing on COVERGIRL Eye Enhancers 1-Kit Shadows in Golden Sunrise from the lash line to the crease. Then, I applied Brown Smolder from her crease to just below her brow, which gives a very natural, yet dramatic look to the eye. Also, I used Snow Blossom in the inner corner of her eyes to add highlight. I lined the top of her eyes with COVERGIRL LiquiLine Blast Eyeliner in Brown Blaze and smudged it up a bit, and to add more depth just at the lash line, I followed with COVERGIRL LineExact Liquid Liner in Very Black.
· On the bottom lash line, I used COVERGIRL LiquiLine Blast Eyeliner in Brown Blaze and followed with a little of the Brown Smolder Shadow to smoke it up a bit. To finish the eyes, I used several coats of COVERGIRL LashBlast Volume Blasting Mascara in Very Black for a super glamorous look.
· To perfect her beautiful skin, I used COVERGIRL NatureLuxe Silk Foundation. It leaves her skin dewy, but not shiny--I love the finish of this foundation. To hide any shadows underneath her eyes, I patted on COVERGIRL TRUconceal Concealer. I finished her skin by lightly brushing on COVERGIRL TRUblend Pressed Powder.
· On Taylor's cheeks, I used COVERGIRL TRUblend Minerals Blush in Shimmering Sands. It gives a shimmery flush of color---very pretty.
· For dramatic and long lasting lip color, I used COVERGIRL LipPerfection Lipcolor in Tempt -- this is such a beautiful wine color.