Flawless, glowing and in full color! We loved this Met Gala look Lupita Nyong’o wears from head to toe! We got the beauty details from Nick Barose on how you can create Lupita's look below:
With Lupita wearing a Prada gown in a bold peach color with florals details for the Met Gala, I wanted to play on the dress’ embellishments without making the makeup too delicate or lady-like. There’s a certain roughness and spontaneity to the bold color strokes, so I created smudges on the eyes using many different colors, while keeping the rest of the face polished to balance out the look,” says celebrity makeup artist, Nick Barose.
LUPITA HOW TO:
- To get a fresh, spring glow, I prepped Lupita’s face with Lancôme Advanced Génifique Youth Activating Concentrate and Lancôme Advanced Génifique Eye Light Pearl on her eyes.
- After it absorbed, I applied Lancôme La Base Pro Pore Eraser to her t-zone to keep her glow looking polished and glowing, but not too shiny.
- I applied Lancôme Miracle Cushion Foundation in 555 Suede Cand Teint Idole Ultra Wear Camouflage Concealer in 510 Suede Cas a base, and then set the look with Lancôme Translucence Mattifying Silky Pressed Powder in 550.
- I added Cushion Blush Subtil in Cerise Giver on apples of cheeks and Lancôme Click & Glow Liquid Highlighter in Lumières Rosèes on top of cheekbones and the bridge of nose to enhance her glow.
- Prep lids with eye makeup primer Lancôme Aquatique in 01 Beige Ivory. Since I really wanted the bold eyeshadow to pop and the colors to look true, prepping the lids with a lighter color primer instead of the darker one, created the perfect canvas underneath to truly showcase the colors.
- On the eyes, I smudged a variety of shades and textures to create a dramatic look in touches of bold fuchsia, purple, blue, peach & yellow. With my finger, I smudged on Lancôme Drama Liqui-Pencils in Cuivre, Or Billiant, Brique, Cote D’Azure, & Ampoulélike cream eyeshadow.
- I then enhanced different areas with color eyeshadow, usingLancôme Color Design Eye Shadows in Miss Sweetheart D,Sapphire Lace, A Touch of Coral, All That Shimmers &Exhibition.
- To darken and define the brows against the colors on the eyes, brush the brows with Lancôme Sourcils Styler Brow Gel in Transparent to keep them nice and groomed. Fill in the brows to make them fuller and longer with Lancôme Les Sourcils Definis in 06 Noir.
- To complete the look, add one coat of Lancôme Monsieur Big Mascara.
- To compliment the eye without competing, I added a touch of soft peach using Lancôme Matte Shaker Liquid Lipstick in 270 Beige Vintage.
Like this post? Follow us on Twitter for more!