The S/S 2017 Nicholas K collection was inspired by a film called “Theeb." Portraying the life of Bedouin culture in the mystic wardi rum, sets the backdrop for the collection. A place of narrow canyons, wind swept towering Plateaus and a stark and dusty palette of nudes pays homage to its nickname “the valley of the moon”. The movie illuminates a life of simplicity and grueling efficiency, remaining constant over thousands of years leaving the surroundings virtually untouched. This existence is a triumph of sustainability and now serves as the source of inspiration and design for Nicholas K. artisan woven fabrics, organic cottons, vegetable dyed leathers and alpaca construct layered pieces that manipulate proportions and create infinite possibilities.
Photo Credit: FirstView & Getty Images
This adventure also translates into the make up look created by renowned makeup artist and Global Executive Director of Creative Artistry for Stila Cosmetics Sarah Lucero.
GET THE LOOK – “Silver Mirage”:
This look brings metallic attention to the eyes while adding warmth and depth to the cheeks and lips.
1. Prep skin with Stay All Day Foundation ($40) for a full coverage look.
2. Apply Magnificent Metals Foil Finish Eye Shadow in Titanium ($32) along top and bottom lash lines to create an exaggerated, unexpected cat eye.
3. Apply Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in Damsel ($22) to waterline.
4. Apply HUGE Extreme Lash Mascara ($23) for thick, piecey lashes.
5. Apply Stay All Day Bronzer ($36) to cheeks for warmth and definition.
6. Apply NEW Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Biscotti ($24) to lips for a brown, neutral lip.
7. Apply Stay All Day Waterproof Brow Color ($21) in upward motions to the brows to frame the face. PRO TIP: use multiple shades to achieve a natural, ombré brow.
Want more? Follow us on Facebook too!