Today we attended the Tracy Reese’s SS’17 presentation in New York City. Cantu debuted at their very first NYFW show this afternoon creating hair looks inspired by the collection.
The show featured a mix of models paired with inspirational and noteworthy, real women such as Bethann Hardison and Sasheer Zamata.
Using Cantu products, lead stylist Bok-Hee created an ethereal, whimsical half-up messy bun on models, while utilizing the natural textures of each the real women to embrace their own style!
Hair How To: Model Look
Hairstylist: Bok-Hee for Cantu
1. Starting with the natural hair texture, work through a small amount of Cantu Wave Whip Curling Mousse($5.99, Target.com) to define natural wave pattern
2. Take a large section from the sides, top and crown area and loosely pull into messy half bun, using an elastic to secure it in place. Make sure to leave a few wispy pieces falling naturally along the sides of the face back through the nape of the neck.
3. Gently tug on hair that is pulled back to add slight imperfections, then loosely pin the bun to head.
4. Spritz Cantu Coil Calm Detangler ($4.97, Walmart.com) to loosen and define texture of hair that is not in the knot
5. Finish off the look with a few sprigs of baby’s breathe or jeweled barrette
We had a great time at the presentation and cant wait to try out this hair!