Recently, I attended a Hair Color Workshop in New York led by Clairol Color Director James Corbett.
The focus was on what you can do with color at home and we got 'Color Commandments' directly from James!. Here are the top 5 from the class:
1. Ash kills brass
2. Color doesn’t lift color
3. Just like baking a cake, color needs time to process or cook to its fullest
4. To go for the gold, successfully shift within one level from your natural color
5. When applying highlights, less is more
Once you start coloring you'll have to deal with hair growth and preventing fading. Now, when it comes to roots I was reminded that Clairol Root Touch-Up by Nice ‘n Easy, the first root maintenance product to mass market, helps women erase their roots and grays, restoring color confidence in just 10 minutes.
At-home hair color users and salon goers alike can feel confident and enjoy the great hair color formula they’ve come to trust over the years. The precise application method of Clairol Root Touch-Up by Nice ‘n Easy provides an easy user experience.
Here are 5 key reasons:
1. Featuring a similar design to salon brushes, the longer handle and angle provides an easily controlled application and mimics a professional salon procedure. The wide brush area, doubling as a mixer for the formula, allows for a faster application to roots, hairline and temples. The brush’s styling tip encourages easier parting and separating of the hair.
2. Rounded Tray: The deep, oval-shaped tray allows for optimal mixing. With its sturdy structure, the formula can be mixed with ease and effortlessly saturate the brush for application. With the tray’s stability, women can rest the brush on the bowl during the application process without tipping or spilling.
3. Lasting Power: Root Touch-Up, specially designed to target new roots and grays with beautiful, permanent color in just 10 minutes, extends the life of hair color in between colorings. Root Touch-Up lasts up to three weeks and provides 100% gray coverage.
4. Shade Match: The unique Colormatch Root Crème Mixture contains a blend of tones guaranteed to seamlessly match both at-home hair color and salon shades
5. Availability: Root Touch-Up by Nice ‘n Easy is available in 22 shades wherever health and beauty aids are sold for a suggested retail price of $6.99. For more information, consumers can visit www.clairol.com or call the color experts at 1-800-CLAIROL.