Last night, I attended the Colgate Optic White beauty bar event. I got to catch up with friends and bloggers and even got some make-up from celebrity make-up artist Elizabeth Freid, as well as hot new accessory styling tips by celebrity stylist Claudia Alonso!
Make-up Tips for Summer 2016
By Elizabeth Freid
1. Natural Look: Trending on the red carpet is a balance of polar opposites. One thing you will note is an increased interest in creating a natural look using light products. This summer, be sure to choose tones that are close to the color of your skin so that your beauty is complemented as opposed to hidden against so much make-up.
2. Refined Eyebrows: On the catwalk more and more high-impact looks are being made through thick and refined eyebrows. To obtain this glamorous look, it is essential that you use light grays and browns that are similar to your natural hair color and use them lightly to go over your eyebrows and create a statement while complementing a natural and defined look.
3. Lips: Corals and hot reds are back in time for those long summer nights. When creating a natural look, you may create a balance with a strong color that focuses on your best feature: your smile. A designer smile from Colgate Optic White High Impact White line of tooth-whitening products is just the start to a white-hot look for summer 2016.
Accessory Trends for Summer 2016
By Claudia Alonso
1. Chains. Chains. Chains.: From minimalistic, classic Cuban links to bold chains, these are a must this summer to contrast the delicate fabrics and colors we wear. Don't be afraid to mix it up as chains are being shown in a variety of materials like metallic, Lucite, and colored plastic. Play with combinations to best create a chic look.
2. History Repeats Itself: Every year it seems like in one way or the other a fashion statement from the past is given rebirth. This summer we will be seeing brooches making a comeback. Get ready to start your collection in all colors and shapes as these are the perfect accessory to turn any simple outfit into a chic look.
3. The New Statement Necklace: For a long time, thick and heavy necklaces dominated the accessory scene. This summer, opt for minimalistic pieces to accomplish a high-impact statement. One perfect example of this is using a choker necklace which draws attention to your most inviting feature: your Colgate smile!