New York Fashion Week brings us to all parts of New York City. This morning was no exception. For the Kate Spade Fall/Winter 2016 show we headed over to the iconic Rainbow Room in NYC. We went backstage to check out the looks inspired by an eclectic group of muses, including: Ella Fitzgerald, Billie Holiday, Sade, and Liza Minelli.
GET THE LOOK: NAILS
· Prep the nail with Deborah Lippmann Gel Lab Base Coat followed by two coats of Debora Lippmann Nail Color in Baby Love to create look one. To create look two, prep the nail with Deborah Lippmann Gel Lab Base Coat followed by one coat of Deborah Lippmann Nail Color in My Old Flame and one coat of Deborah Lippmann Nail Color in It’s Raining Men
· Finish the look with Deborah Lippmann Gel Lab Top Coat
"An extravagant cabaret and the glitz and glamour that accompany this served as the reigning theme for Kate Spade’s Fall/Winter collection. As a jazz singer myself, this inspiration was literally music to my ears! Based on each girl’s ensemble, I outfitted her with either a sultry and sexy red nail, or an understated, demure nude. Accompanied by authentic musical compositions, this runway spectacle is a guaranteed hit!” -Deborah Lippmann for Beauty.com
GET THE LOOK: HAIR
Recine for Beauty.com using PHYTO and The Beachwaver Co.
· Prep the hair with a bit of PHYTO Volume Intense Mousse
· Work PHYTOSpecific Thermoperfect 8 and PHYTOSpecific Integral Hydrating Mist (coming soon to Beauty.com)into the hair for added texture
· Using The Beachwaver Co. Pro Dry (coming soon to Beauty.com), dry the hair leaving it loose and undone
· Lightly gather the hair in a low pony tail at the nape of the neck loosely tied with a soft elastic
· Secure the ponytail with a velvet ribbon
· Finish the look with PHYTO Phytolaque Soie Finishing Spray
We asked Romy Soleimani, for Beauty.com using Kevyn Aucoin and WEI how to create this beauty look.
GET THE LOOK: SKINCARE
· Moisturize the skin with WEI Five Sacred Grains Rapid Glow Liquid Milk followed by WEI Five Sacred Grains Perfect Radiance Pudding Cream for added hydration
· Finish the look with a dab of Kevyn Aucoin The Sensual Lip Balm
GET THE LOOK: MAKEUP
· Apply Kevyn Aucoin Luminous Foundation (coming soon to Beauty.com) to the center of the face and anywhere redness occurs as needed
· For extra coverage, apply Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer underneath the eyes
· Apply Kevyn Aucoin Creamy Duo in Candlelight to the inner corners of the eyes and the orbi tal crescent to highlight the face
· For a natural, luminous glow dab WEI Lotus Blossom Hydra Fresh Eye Cream (coming soon to Beauty.com) to the eye lids
· Curl the lashes with Kevyn Aucoin The Eyelash Curler followed by Kevyn Aucoin The Mascara - Curling to create a doe-eyed look
Photos Courtesy of Erin Baiano for Beauty.com.