At the 2016 Acadamy Awards Rachel McAdams, nominated for Best Supporting Actress looked gorgeous in a emerald green gown. We loved her sleek updo that paired perfectly with her August Getty dress.
We go details on how you can recreate the updo from celebrity hair stylist Mark Townsend.
“When I saw the August Getty gown Rachel McAdams was going to wear to the Oscars, I immediately knew that her hair should be up. We both agreed on a clean and sleek look to complement the gorgeous dress.
· I started by applying NEW Dove Regenerative Nourishment Serum-in-Oil to her damp hair to nourish strands and seal the cuticle.
· I then blew her out straight with my Spornette mixed bristle round brush using my trusty ghd air™ hair dryer.
· Once the hair was fully dry, I went in with my ghd platinum styler and straightened her tresses section by section. This amazing flat iron features ghd’s tri-zone™ technology which allows me to style hair at the optimal temperature of 365 degrees while also giving added shine.
· Next, I sectioned her hair into a deep side part, and coated my hands with John Masters Organics Rosemary and Peppermint Detangler. I used the detangler to give her hair a shiny, almost wet look, and pulled it in the back to create a textured knot.
· Using French hair pins to secure the knot, I created a sleek yet imperfect shape.
· I finished the look by spraying Dove Style+Care Strength & Shine Extra Hold Hairspray all over to set the look and keep any flyaways down.
· The end result is classic, modern, and above all, gorgeous.”