Photos: Randy Brooks
We went backstage with Macadamia Professional International Creative Director and celebrity stylist, Giannandrea, to see the showstopping hairstyles at Nicholas K F/W’16.
This runway hair look was the most unique of New York Fashion Week!
Hair Look: The Under-Chin Side Knot
Here's how the look was created.
1. Starting with wet hair, apply one pump of Macadamia Professional Blow Dry Lotion ($24) from the mid-lengths to ends and blow-dry hair straight.
2. Use a flat iron on small sections to seal the straight hair.
3. Create a sharp center part on the crown only and brush hair down into two loose sections on each side of the head, in front of each shoulder.
4. Run a quarter-sized amount of Macadamia Professional Nourishing Moisture Oil Treatment ($39.95) from mid-lengths to ends.
5. Take the hair section on the left side and gently place it across the neck to meet just below the right ear in a ponytail. Secure the ponytail with a hair tie.
6. Wrap an extension matching the hair color around the hair tie to achieve more length or volume if desired.
7. Twist the hair into a wrapped bun and let the end of the hair stick out 7 inches. Secure the bun with bobby-pins.
8. Spray Macadamia Professional Flex Hold Shaping Spray ($25) over all of the hair and smooth any flyaways.
9. Insert a distinctive hair piece of your choice and finish with a light mist of Macadamia Professional Weightless Moisture Dry Oil Micro Mist ($31.95)
What do you think of this look? Would you rock this extreme runway hair style?