With NYFW: Men’s officially over, it's time to see what trends we spotted on the runways and at the presentations during the week.
Thanks to AXE we got a front row seat to the week’s hottest hair looks. AXE was the official grooming sponsor of NYFW: Men’s, and was responsible for the style of all of the models’ hair at a bunch of shows throughout the week, including Carlos Campos and Ricardo Seco.
Overall, the main hair trend we saw throughout the week was natural, effortless hair that plays on the inherent texture of hair to create a look that doesn’t look over styled.
Ricardo Seco’s inspiration for his latest collection was “unexpected revisited urban look, with a dark touch. Siouxie Sioux meets Nirvana" said the designer. The Mexican born designer share the Sarape as "The outfit that represents my inspiration."
For the hair, Lead Hair Stylist John Ruidant wanted to keep the hair natural so as not to take away from the overall look.
How to get the look:
1. Diffuse the hair with salt spray to reactivate the natural texture of the hair
2. Curl hair with a 1” curling iron
3. Put a dab of AXE Urban Messy Look: Flexible Paste in your hands and scrunch through the hair to loosen up the strands for a natural-looking curl
Carlos Campos’ vision for this season’s collection was a nomadic, very well dressed, traveling man beginning to work his way up into the mountains and into the coffee plantations of South America. The air is getting dryer, and so his hair has a softer, dryer natural texture to it.
How to get the look:
1. Blow dry the hair forward from the crown for a more natural look
2. Use some of the AXE Natural Look: Softening Cream to create more texture and a casual undone look. The cream is very workable, and doesn’t add any grease or moisture to the hair
3. Push the hair back and to the side at the end to make the hair appear less disheveled while still maintaining a natural look
4. Finish off the look with a little of the AXE Adrenaline Spiked-Up Look: Styling Putty for a nice separation to the dry texture
Like this post? Like EverSoPopular on Facebook.