While it may officially be fall that doesn't mean the best of the the warm is gone just yet. There’s nothing better than getting together with friends and familia to share good food, good stories and an all-around good time. As the end of summer approaches, we all want to make sure to end the season with a bang, but often times hectic schedules can make the planning process daunting. With the following tips, you can save some time and still manage to throw the summer’s best fiesta.
- Crowd source the menu. If you’re pressed for time, there’s nothing wrong with going the potluck route. Pick a theme, whether it’s cuisine from a specific country or the best dishes your mami made for you when you were a kid. You’ll end up with a bountiful menu and perhaps a new tip for how to mix up some of your favorite recipes.
- Keep the décor simple. Warm weather calls for outdoor parties and not a lot of fuss. String up some outdoor lights and create a simple yet elegant with mood with some candles. Don’t forget to invest in a few bug repellant candles as well. Your guests will thank you for it.
- Lighten up the drinks menu. Offer your guests some lighter drink options to keep them refreshed during the warm summer evenings. For a lighter twist to the classic mojito, muddle some fresh mint leaves and 2 slices of lime in a glass. Then add 1.5 oz. of your favorite rum and some ice. To cut back on the sugar but still maintain flavor, add some sparkling water, such as Nestlé® Pure Life® Exotics™ Key Lime.
- Set the fiesta mood with the right playlist. No get together with family and friends is a party without the right music. Ask everyone to send you their 5 favorite songs or artists, or browse through Spotify’s Latino playlists, such as Latino Lounge of Top 25 Latino.
- Kick it up with a few favorite games. Just because you’re an adult doesn’t mean that you can’t have any fun playing games. Break out your old set of Loteria or invite friends to bring their favorite card or board games. How about stuffing a piñata for the adults with fancy candy bars, plastic mini bottles of booze or individually wrapped chocolates filled with liquor? You can even throw in a small gift card as the grand prize.
FAMILY FREINDLY BEVERAGES & TREATS
- Add a little sabor to your ice cubes by freezing melon balls or berries in ice cube trays with a splash of Exotics Sparkling Water – it adds color and fun shapes to any drink!
- Serve Exotics Mango Peach Pineapple with scoops of sorbet in a champagne glass for a healthier take on an ice cream float.
- For a quick, refreshing alternative to agua de Jamaica, try adding hibiscus syrup to Exotics Sparkling Water in Tangerine. Serve over a large glass of ice!
- Turn a smoothie into a tropical sparkler. Add Exotics Sparkling Water to your favorite fruit smoothie for an extra twist of flavor and a refreshing kick.