THE LOOK: Simple yet chic.
INSPIRATION: John Frieda International Creative Consultant Harry Josh gave Taylor a simple, voluminous look for tonight’s Orange Is the New Black premiere, “I was thinking Madonna’s ‘Express Yourself’ video meets messy full bodied bed head,” he says.
Here is his step-by-step breakdown:
- To begin, Harry prepped her hair while washing with the new John Frieda Luxurious Volume 7 Day Volume In-Shower Treatment to give her full and voluminous hair that lasts for a week up to 3 washes.
- Next, he applied John Frieda Luxurious Volume Volume Building Mousse from root to tip to give her hair overall fullness and lift.
- Then, Harry blow dried her hair with a flat brush focusing on creating lift at the roots, rather than creating a perfect style, by taking sections of her hair and pulling the hair up straight, blow drying at the root and finishing with a shot of cool air. Then he went back through sections of her hair quickly blow drying with a round brush.
- After blow drying, he took a 3/4 inch curling iron to create waves all over making sure to wrap the hair around the iron and leaving the very ends of her hair straight. This created a more modern, undone, curly look.
- Once the curls set, he finished off the look withJohn Frieda Luxurious Volume All-Day Hold Hairspray to give the hair some shine and to keep it from falling flat.