Summer sweat session? Yes, please! How about sweaty skincare? Yikes. It sounds like a breakout waiting to happen right?!
I was so pumped when I got an invite to a fitness event hosted by TotalBeauty (one of my favorite online desintations) and Aczone for a Sculpt Fusion workout at Uplift Studios. I've been dying to check out this class but breaking a sweat in NYC heat and humidity has only brought out the breakouts. I decided to put on a brave face and a little concealer and hit up this class!
The class was amazing and I got the chance to catch up with Dr. Whitney Bowe, one of NYC’s top dermatologists.
I got to ask Dr. Bowe for her best tips for combating acne:
1. Using a body wash with 2% salicylic acid in the shower can help keep pores unclogged. Even better- see your derm for a salicylic acid peel in the office.
2. After sweating, never stay in a sweaty sports bra or t-shirt for long. Try to rinse of asap and put on something clean and dry.
3. Fabric counts. Look for fabrics that wick away sweat and moisture, so the sweat doesn't sit on the skin and clog the pores.
4. Use an acne-fighting prescription like Aczone gel every day, twice daily, to prevent breakouts and always stay one step ahead. So much more effective than "chasing" pimples once they pop up.
5. Look for sunscreens that don't clog the pores- the word "noncomedogenic" means it's been tested and shown not to clog the pores- so those formulas are safe for acne prone skin.
Like this post? Like EverSoPopular on Facebook too!