Green Monster Avocado Pie
· 1 package (16.5 ounces) of refrigerated chocolate chip cookie bar dough, softened
· 2 medium avocados, pitted, peeled and chopped
· 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, at room temperature
· 1 can (14 ounces) NESTLÉ LA LECHERA Sweetened Condensed Milk
· 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
· Pinch of salt
· Whipped cream for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease 9-inch deep-dish pie plate.
2. Press 20 squares of cookie dough* onto bottom and up side of prepared pie plate.
3. Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown; flatten down with back of spoon to form pie shell. Cool completely on wire rack.
4. Place avocados and cream cheese in large mixer bowl; beat on medium speed until smooth. Add sweetened condensed milk, lime juice and salt; beat until creamy. Pour into cooled cookie crust. Press a piece of plastic wrap directly on surface of pie; refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
5. Remove plastic wrap. Slice and garnish with whipped cream.
NOTE: To store leftover pie, pr ess piece of plastic wrap over surface and refrigerate. The pie will brown and soften as it sits at room temperature.
*You will have 4 squares left over. Refrigerate for future use.