Women have complained of bad hair days for decades, and now a new survey shows that hair drama has a big impact on all areas of life, from parenting to social activities to even personal safety. According to an Omnibus survey conducted by Aussie Hair, 69% of women admit to refraining from certain activities – such as rolling down the car window or wearing a helmet – to protect their hair. Through the release of a new video from “Sh*t Girls Say” star Graydon Sheppard, Aussie is encouraging women to #DitchTheDrama and spend less time and energy on their hair and more time living life!
Here's what we say:
The Aussie #Hairprobs Survey uncovered insights into how women really feel about their beloved ‘do’s and how this tress stress affects them: they make social sacrifices, run late and sometimes miss out on enjoying fun activities.
- Women run late an average of one day per week due to hair drama
- One third of moms (35%) say their hair requires more time than getting their kids ready in the morning
- 40% of women under 40 cried at least once over their hair in the past six months
- Seven percent of women admit to avoiding getting intimate altogether to preserve their hair style
- Women spend 20 minutes per day on their hair, translating to a full work week each year
High Mane-tenance Hair Humor
To bring the drama of these #hairprobs to life and inspire women to kick them to the curb, Aussie is unveiling a new video from Graydon Sheppard, creator and star of the “Sh*t Girls Say” video series, to show the comical scenarios that result from hair drama. Featuring the return of Sheppard after a two year hiatus, the new video, “Sh*t Girls Say About Hair” is designed to spark conversation around how complex hair routines can get in the way of living life to the fullest and inspire women everywhere to #DitchTheDrama and get back to soaking life up.
Hair-Do’s in 2015: #DitchTheDrama with the New Aussie Total Miracle 7N1 Collection
Aussie, building on its commitment to making awesome hair easy to get, is helping #DitchTheDrama by offering the new Total Miracle 7N1 Collection, and tips and tricks to streamline hair care routines. Celebrity stylist Sarah Potempa brings effortless style into reality with the Easy Hair Guide, an exclusive video series with step-by-step how-to tutorials for easily-achieved styles, available now on the Aussie YouTube channel.
“The Easy Hair Guide helps women save serious time and effort and still get great results,” says Potempa. “I love the new Aussie Total Miracle 7N1 Collection because it gives your hair everything it needs to be healthy, shiny and beautiful. I call it the ultimate hair hack.”
- Aussie Total Miracle 7N1 Shampoo and Conditioner provide seven miraculous benefits to give you beautiful, worry-free hair, including: strength against damage, nourishing moisture, split-end protection, humidity control, silky softness, lasting smoothness and brilliant shine.
- Aussie Total Miracle 7N1 Dry Shampoo is a miracle clean in a can, instantly refreshing hair in between washes and extending any style. Seven benefits provide a 1st day clean look, a boost of freshness, lightweight fullness, color protection, a refreshed feel, a matte finish and an awesome scent.