Tis' the season to rent out your place while you travel! Here are the top things Airbnb hosts should know and reasons to use Airbnb this holiday travel season. We got advise from Maggie Barnett, CEO of City CoPilot, which is NYC's only neighborhood front desk to offer comprehensive concierge services (key exchange, luggage storage/transport and package acceptance) to travelers using Airbnb accommodations without check-in services.
Top 6 Things Every Airbnb Host Should Know
- Don't leave keys for guests at a bar or coffee shop... your trusted barista doesn't work every single shift!
- Lock up your hard liquor... but send your guests to the best neighborhood bars!
- Clean up, but don't redecorate... tourists want authentic travel experiences and it's of no expense!
- Ask your roommate before you rent out... no one wants to return to a grumpy living companion.
- Don't lend your own linings and towels... leave soiled sheets for a cleaning service to deal with!
- Rely on a neighborhood front desk for your concierge services... don't lose the friend who waited 3 hours to let them in!