The New Year is fast approaching and people are starting to set fitness & health resolutions for 2016!
Whether you are new to working out, a have a regular regimen or are recovering from an injury we have some idea on fitness friendly items to incorporate into your routine. Layla Luciano, celebrity trainer and Bravo's "Work Out New York" star, gave us some fitness essentials
Layla is known for rock-star level high energy workouts and needs products that meet her performance levels.
1. Want to look good traveling to and from the gym? One of Layla's go to brands is Vimmia. The brand is not only chic but performs well under any activity. Vimmia is derived from the Latin word vim meaning “life force.” To live with vim is to vow to live every day feeling healthy, confident, and present in your body, in your self.
2. What is the one accessory you always need at the gym? A hair tie or ponytail holder from Mia Beauty will do the trick. These no-tug hair ties are comfortable and won’t leave a crease in your hair. Wear them as bracelets to ensure that you always have a hair tie when you need one.
3. Layla likes to freshen up her post-workout hair with Curlisto products. Her curls love the Curlisto Protein Boost. This unequaled, leave-in conditioner instantly detangles, reconditions and restores body and bounce.
4. Stretching is always a great idea. Want to take it to the next level? The Dharma Yoga Wheel is the world's first yoga prop that helps stretch and open the entire back, chest, shoulders abdomen and the flexers. The Dharma Yoga Wheel specific dimensions go with the curvature in the spine and helps one stretch. It can be used by anyone, as a healthy spine leaves one feeling young and healthy.
5. You are what you drink. Elevate your smoothies by making them at home with Green Blender. Each week, you'll get 5 new smoothie recipes and all the pre-portioned ingredients you'll need to make 10 smoothies all delivered to your home.
1. Barre to brunch looks are easy to put together.The rule in mind is to keep in mind the intensity of your activity, look for moisture-wicking fabrics, and of course layer appropriately for your post workout sessions.
2. Treat yourself and your body well. When I tried the new LOVE GOODLY Box, I got 5-7 full-size products and deluxe samples of the best nontoxic and cruelty free beauty and skincare, healthy snacks, wellness and eco style accessories. Also, each Holiday December/January box supports Farm Sanctuary.
3. Suffering from an injury? Check out 3 ways to recover and heal with KT Tape (Kinesiology Therapeutic Tape).
- KT Tape provides up to three days of support and is available in rolls of 20 pre-cut strips.
- KT Tape Pro is made from a specially engineered, ultra-durable synthetic fiber that provides durability and increased Performance.
- Pro X Patches are designed to provide targeted muscular pain relief for hundreds of common injuries such as lower back pain, knee pain, shin splints, carpal tunnel syndrome, and tennis elbow. They are fast and easy to apply with no tape-cutting required--just place directly over the point of pain.
4. Mantra much? Check out t-shirts from Chewylou Designs, created by Founder Alyssa Dinowitz, the line is designed by a yoga enthusiast with catchy acronyms and motivational words, including GIVE (Generosity, Integrity, Vision, Effort) HOPE, PEACE, FAITH and more. Not only are they positive shirts, but positive things come from each sale, where Chewylou gives a portion of all proceeds to meaningful and relevant charities, including the Lupus Foundation of America, Planting Peace, Best Friends Animal Rescue, Faces of Hope Fund and Chemo Companions.
5. You've got so many gorgeous workout outfits but what about workout gloves? G-Loves are fashionable and will go with everything at the gym! Since no 2 pairs are alike they are just as unique as you!
6. When you workout hard, you can easily dehydrate and the same goes for your hair. I swear by Curlisto "8-minute Hair Repair" as a deep conditioning treatment. Amino acids, vitamins and botanical extracts revitalize and condition. Rice, corn and wheat proteins work together in this Masque to rebuild the keratin inside the cortex. Consistent use promotes healthy and frizz-free hair.
For more fitness & lifestyle tips watch "Work Out New York" on Bravo on Sunday at 9PM/ET