Celebrity Stylist Jen Atkin got Kylie Jenner red carpet ready tonight for the 2015 American Music Awards with RUSK and BaBylissPRO. Here’s how she did it!
Look: A textured low pony with a modern twist on the French twist.
1. Apply RUSK Volumizing Mousse ($18; Ulta) to damp hair and scrunch with fingers as you blow dry completely to create the wild texture.
2. Use BaBylissPRO Rapido Blowdryer (Cosmoprof; $199.99) and a round brush for a full blowout.
3. Once dry, create soft, natural waves using the BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium 1.5" Curling Iron ($49.99; Cosmoprof).
4. Next, run the BabylissPRO Nano Titanium Ultra-Thin Straightening Iron ($139.99; Cosmoprof) over random sections to create a more natural wave pattern.
5. Tease hair at the roots using a fine comb spray RUSK Deepshine Color Care Invisible Dry Shampoo ($19; Ulta)throughout roots to add thickness and extra structure, but no weight.
6. Gather hair into a low pony tail, twisting one side in to create a partial modern French twist leading into the ponytail.
7. Secure with a hair bungee and French hair pins.
8. To secure height at the crown, finish with RUSK Freezing Spray ($19; Ulta) for hold.