Día de los Muertos is around the corner and it’s time to celebrate the spiritual journey of our loved ones who have passed.
Día de los Muertos is a traditional Mexican holiday celebrated on November 2 and it is a special time to honor the lives of those who have passed by singing, dancing and dressing up, following the popular Halloween holiday (All Saints’ Eve), and All Saints’ Day (Nov. 1). The most popular look for this celebration is the Catrina and Vive Mejor’s expert Leonardo Roco, has outlined tips on how to create the makeup look and suggested accompanying hairstyles.
1. Prep your face by using a moisturizing cleanser that will leave your skin soft, glowing and moisturized, such as POND’s Cold Cream Cleanser. This cleanser will provide your skin with a deep clean and provide the needed nourishment with its 50% moisturizer.
2. Pat your skin dry with a towel and apply a light moisturizer.
3. Start the Catrina look by applying white face makeup, covering your entire face.
4. Next, focus on the eye area. Outline your eye with black face paint and fill in the circle with red face paint. Finish the eyes off by outlining the circles in a petal shape.
5. Fill in the tip of your nose with black face paint and make vertical lines along your lips. Use black face paint to create a line that extends from the corner of your lips, traveling up your check bones.
6. Along the black line, paint an upside down heart.
7. Create your own desired creative piece to add on to your chin and forehead. Some designs include hearts or floral detailing.
8. After the celebrations are over, use POND’s Luminous West Cleansing Towelettes to remove all makeup and cleanse your face.
1. Wash and condition your hair with products that will cleanse, provide moisture, and give your hair the extra volume it needs such as Dove Hair’s Oxygen Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner.
2. Detangle your hair and apply a leave-in product that will moisturize your hair and create a flexible hold to keep voluminous hairstyles intact, such as Dove Hair’s Oxygen Moisture Leave-In Foam.
3. Dry your hair as desired. Gather a large piece of hair that sits on the crown of your head and begin teasing it until you’ve created a big poof. Apply hairspray to hold the look together. Gather the remaining hair and tie it into a ponytail.
4. Add flowers to your hair as desired to complete the Catrina look.
Glamorous Up do
1. Wash and condition your hair with products that will cleanse and moisturize your hair, making it easier for styling.
2. Apply a leave-in product that will make styling easy and add fullness to your hair, such as Suave Professionals Luxe Style Infusion Volumizing Souffle Mousse.
3. Dry your hair as desired. Separate a large piece of your hair from ear to ear and set it apart from the rest of your hair.
4. Tease all of the hair at the back of your head, brushing it all to one side and securing it with bobby pins.
5. Roll hair back over the section with bobby pins creating a French twist look.
6. Take the front section of hair and create a middle part. Secure the ends of the hair on the crown of your head and decorate with flowers to complete the Catrina look.
Enjoy these Día de los Muertos looks with your favorite red or black dress! For more hairstyle and beauty tips, visit ViveMejor.com.