THE INSPIRATION: The work of contemporary Japanese artist, Yayoi Kusama, who has a unique approach to graphics and florals. The collection mixes feminine shapes with graphic cut outs that mimic Japanese wood cuts. The prints, materials, and cuts of Kimonos were also a main source of inspiration.
MAKEUP by Tina Turnbow for Beauty.com
· Kevyn Aucoin Celestial Powder in Candlelight (use in the inner corner of the eyes)
· Kevyn Aucoin Loose Shimmer Shadow in Kunzite on cheek bones
· Kevyn Aucoin Precision Liquid Liner to line eyes
· Kevyn Aucoin Eye Pencil Primatif in Defining Navy (use on top of the liquid liner)
· Kevyn Aucoin Expert Lip Color in Micavel (patted on the lips and cheeks)
· Kevyn Aucoin The Lip Pencil, Peche (for a pop of color on the lips)
Hair by Esther Langham for Beauty.com using Alterna Haircare and T3 Tools
· Wet hair until it is damp, but not soaked
· Apply the Alterna Bamboo Volume 48-Hour Sustainable Volume Spray all the way through the hair, from roots to tips
· Apply a small amount of the Alterna Bamboo Volume Uplifting Root Blast to the roots at the crown of the head
· Part hair into a deep part on either side of the head
· Sweep parted hair across the forehead and ears
· Lightly lift the hair by the ear opposite of the forehead sweep, to expose the ear
· Secure hair into a very low pony tail at the nape of the neck with a thin elastic
GET THE LOOK: Nails by Katie Jane Hughes with Butter London for Beauty.com
· Apply two coats of butter LONDON Nail Foundation to create a clean, nude base.
· Place nail art studs on the pointer and pinky fingers of one hand and the middle and pinky fingers of the other hand for a sleek twist on a nude nail.