Sarah Hyland is a red carpet beauty! We loved Sarah’s custom made Christian Siriano dress and her complimenting beauty look so much that we got the skinny on her hair and makeup from her glam squad.
Celebrity makeup artist Allan Avendano created the look for Sarah Hyland for tonight’s 2014 Emmy Awards.
Her beautiful skin tone was accentuated with Votre Vu Silk Stockings lotion. It moisturized and made her glow!”
Ryan Richman partnered with Dove to style the gorgeous look on Sarah Hyland.
“As a team, we were inspired by old Hollywood glamour. I never want to be too literal with inspiration so we kept the look soft and natural to keep it modern.
· I began by applying 3-4 pumps of Dove Pure Care Dry Oil Nourishing Treatment to her damp hair to add softness and shine without weighing it down and to protect it while blow drying.
· Before blow drying each section, I applied a pump of Dove Frizz-Free Shine Serum to smooth frizz and fly-aways.
· Then I began blow drying large sections of hair using a large boar bristle round brush, directing the hair away from the face. A boar bristle brush is great for polishing and smoothing the hair while still maintaining body and some natural texture. When styling a ponytail or bun you should blow dry the hair towards the center point of where the hair will be put up, and use a straightening iron on medium heat to smooth any cowlicks or kinks around the hairline.
· Next, I brushed the hair upwards towards the top of the head. I used Dove Style+Care Extra Hold Hairspray as I was brushing to keep the hair in place. A great way to smooth fly-aways while brushing is to spray hairspray directly onto the brush.
· Then I secured the hair in a ponytail with an elastic. To make tying your ponytail easier, bend over forwards and gather the hair instead of trying to reach high above your head.
· To add texture to your bun, back comb the ponytail with a brush and spray with hairspray. Finally, twist and wrap the hair into a bun and secure with bobby pins. You can pull out small pieces of hair with your fingertips or a rattail comb for an edgy undone look.”