Recently I attended a Beauty Blowout event hosted and sponsored by Woman’s ROGAINE®! Yes, you read correctly. The new Woman’s ROGAINE Foam is a beauty product for any woman who has ever wanted fuller, thicker hair. I was asked to participate in the #rogainevolume, sponsored by Duane Reade. Although I have been compensated, all opinions are my own.
Woman’s ROGAINE is a well known and popular product for women with thinning hair. Additionally, Woman’s ROGAINE Foam helps bring fullness and thickness to women with all hair types.
At the event, I met with celebrity hair stylist and spokesperson, Jill Crosby. She and I chatted as I got a blowout. Crosby shared some of her favorite tips on getting a fuller looking style. “I am among the up to 42 percent of women who will experience hereditary hair loss in her lifetime,” says Crosby. “As a stylist and someone who has made a career out of caring for hair, I’ve mastered styling tricks and techniques like creating texture and using the right styling tools to enhance my thin hair for fuller, healthy looking hair,” says Crosby.
An expert in styling thin and thinning hair, Crosby offers the following advice to her female clients with thin or thinning hair:
- “For a permanent solution to hair loss that will not interfere with your styling routine, use FDA-approved Women’s ROGAINE® 5% Minoxidil Topical Aerosol once daily to regrow hair. Clinical studies show that with once daily use of Women’s ROGAINE® 5% Minoxidil Topical Aerosol for 24 weeks, 81 percent of women regrew hair, with initial results as early as 12 weeks and new hairs coming in up to 48 percent thicker than before. This elegant, foam formula quickly penetrates into the scalp so it won’t interfere with your hair style. There is no excuse not to use it!”
- “When you have thin or thinning hair, it’s all about creating volume. You want to use products that expand the cuticle for a quick fix. Look for volumizing shampoos and conditioners and use a mousse, root lifter or a dry shampoo for extra volume and lift.”
3. “Your hair dryer can be your best friend or your worst enemy when your hair is thin or thinning. Use a low to medium setting and rather than pulling at the root of your hair with a brush to add volume, use a diffuser to help give it shape. Thin hair is often damaged and fragile so I always recommend using a thermal heat protector when styling hair with hot tools.”
4. “Layered cuts work well for women with thin or thinning hair – whether your hair is curly, wavy or straight, layers create dimension. Ask your hair stylist for subtle layers that frame your face to add volume and lift to your look.”
5. “Color is a fantastic tool for thinning hair and choosing the right shade for your hair is extremely important! Darker hair colors play up the contrast between hair and scalp, while lighter shades that are closer to your skin tone can actually help camouflage thinning hair. Color also helps by expanding the hair shaft making it thicker in diameter, adding volume.”
I hope these tips helped you! My beauty hack for fuller hair, stand in front of a photo with huge hair!