Here are some times from Naieem Abdool of emmett cooper HAIRCARE and emmetts
THE STUDIO on how to achieve Selena Gomez’s VMA hair!
- Spray hair with Thickening Mist to achieve the perfect texture
emmett cooper HAIRCARE Thickening Mist
- Blow-dry with a large paddle brush
- Using a large curling iron or hot rollers curl hair in order to achieve the waved pony look
- Run Polish Gloss throughout hair to achieve maximum shine, Selena used this for her white carpet look! emmett cooper HAIRCARE Polish Gloss
- Using a wide tooth comb, create a center part and pull hair to one side using a pony-tail holder
- Wrap one piece of hair around the pony to hide the band, you can either secure with a bobby pin or tuck into the elastic band.
Makeup Artist Karan Mitchell for Nyx Cosmetics created her makeup, the directions are below!
Karan started with Nyx Concealor Jar in Fair as a base on the lid and then added a shade of ‘Highlight’ and blended from the crease up to the brow. She then applied the highly pigmented sapphire blue shade from Nyx Cosmetics Eye Shadow Trio in Aquamarine on the lids as well as slightly above the crease. Karan then blended the deep blue in the I Dream of Antigua Nyx Cosmetics 5 Color Eye Shadow Palette on the outside corners of her lids. Over that Karan lined the entire eye with Magic Kohl eye liner pencil by Givenchy. Two coats of Nyx Professional Mascara in Black finished the look.
For the Lips
The lip look was finished with Nyx Cosmetics Lipstick shade #174 nude, and Nyx Mega Shine Lipgloss in #104 Sweet Heart for that soft fresh nude lip look!
Karan created a fresh faced healthy glow for Selena by using Nyx Cosmetics Tango with Bronzer Stix #2 in Merengue Flush. This was applied to the apples of her cheeks.